The following Ter ms and Conditions regulate the customer order at Furniture Factory Outlet (Pty) Ltd:
- SALE ITEMS ARE SOLD VOETSTOETS AND CANNOT BE EXCHANGED OR RETURNED-
1. Ownership of the goods will rest with Furniture Factory Outlet until payment has been received in full. Payment of the full value of the order is required before Furniture Factory Outlet will deliver or before we can authorize collection.
2. If after 30 days of notification by Furniture Factory Outlet head Office that your goods are ready for collection/delivery, you as the customer fail to make final payment, Furniture Factory Outlet reserves the right to sell them to defray expenses.
3. Orders placed are irrevocable once a deposit has been paid. In the event of Furniture Factory Outlet agreeing to refund monies paid either prior to or post-delivery due to circumstances unrelated to product quality or lead times, and If Furniture Factory Outlet agrees to accept return of any goods, the Customer will be liable for a 10% handling charge calculated on the purchase price of those goods. The onus of proof of return and proof of purchase rests with the customer at all times.
4. Collection & Delivery Policy:– Furniture Factory Outlet outsources deliveries and will refer the customer to reliable transporters. The customer is liable for delivery costs, unless otherwise agreed upon with Furniture Factory Outlet.
– Should we agree to delivery, we will endeavour to deliver on the date and time advised. While we are committed to deliver on time, the actual delivery date is subject to prevailing circumstances and may be subject to variation.- For collection of goods from the Furniture Factory Outlet’s, prior arrangement with Furniture Factory Outlet must be made.
– Please note that no goods will be given to transporters unless Furniture Factory Outlet has been paid in full for such goods. In the event of outside contractors collecting on behalf of a customer, Furniture Factory Outlet may in addition to proof of payment in full, contact the customer to confirm proceedings.
– Should delivery be arranged with Furniture Factory Outlet to employ an independent transporter and the customers residence be more than one story or a flat above the ground floor, to which access is limited or the item is likely to be damaged if carried through access points, then the item will be delivered to the lift or stairwell opening on the bottom floor only and further movement will become the customers responsibility.
Should the customer require the item to be carried further, the customer may communicate with the independent transporter in this regard and Furniture Factory Outlet will not be held responsible for any losses or damages.
Should Furniture Factory Outlet undertake to deliver, the customer must help us get your furniture into its new home. It is for the customer to ensure that the items you have purchased will fit through any entrances and hallways and that they will be suitable for the space where they will be placed. We will provide you with the measurements of your purchase to help you do your home and obstruction measurements to ensure it will definitely fit. It is important that you do this because should it not, a 10% cancellation fee may be charged and any delivery costs are non-refundable
5. Payments made by EFT (Electronic funds Transfer) require a 48 hour period to clear funds and allocate them to the orders.
Furniture Factory Outlet does not accept payment by cheque because of the high risk of fraud prevalent in South Africa.
6. Product Guarantee
We offer a 10 year guarantee on the frame
– The guarantee does not extend to fabric & filling used to upholster the item as this is subject to wear & tear with usage in the domestic environment, on any normal wear & tear associated with domestic use.
– Proof of purchase is required for the terms of the guarantee to come into operations
– Guarantees are only applicable to items that have been used in a domestic environment and will not apply to items used for commercial purposes unless specified otherwise.
– To obtain warranty service, simply contact Furniture Factory Outlet by telephone or by e-mail. You can contact Furniture Factory Outlet at email@example.com.
– The customer will be required to sign an agreement before the goods are taken back under warranty. If the item is found to be soiled or damaged, the warranty will automatically be waived. In that case or in the case of normal wear & tear, misuse & abuse, the customer will be liable for cost of collection and return delivery of the item.
– If the customer does not honour the re-payment of these costs within 30 days , the repaired item will be sold as used/soiled to recover these costs.
7. Leather goods Policy
– Natural leathers are soft and velvety. They have been tanned without altering any of their natural features. This is why all the distinctive original markings stand out. This is the living proof of the leather’s absolute natural origins – healed scars and scar tissues, grain variation, colouration, veining and other markings which nature placed on these hides. These are all signs of the inherent value of leather.
– We also offer repairs on furniture that is out of guarantee. To get a quote on repair costs, we will require your personal details, a photo and description of the problem. Please contact us to get this process started so that we can assist you in repairing your furniture.
9. Returns and Refunds Policy
– Please take note of our returns and refunds policy and feel free to get in touch should you have any questions.
– A cancellation fee of 10% will apply on goods that are returned and on orders that are cancelled whether fully paid for or not.
– Should you cancel your order post-delivery,a refund will only be considered if goods are in their original condition. Should Furniture Factory Outlet arrange for delivery to the customer, the delivery charges will unfortunately not be refunded and a collection fee will be applicable
– Made to order products have been produced specifically for you, therefore no refunds or exchanges can be made. If there is an error on our part regarding the product specification or if the product is found to be faulty, Furniture Factory Outlet will rectify the fault.
– No shop soiled items that have been reduced to clear will be accepted for refund or return.